The applicant must :
- Demonstrate family relationship to a relevant Foreign Resident (through production of documents including marriage and/or birth certificates and evidence of the residence of the sponsoring resident)
- Demonstrate they lived with the foreign resident overseas or that they are dependent upon them
- Demonstrate sufficient means of subsistence
- Demonstrate that (s)he does not have a criminal or police record and is of good health.
- Be physically present in the country
Note : The Migration and Asylum Law defines “family” in this circumstance to mean:
a) The spouse;
b) Dependent or disabled children, and children under the age of 18 years, of the couple, or of one of the spouses.
In the case of a child under the age of 18 years or a disabled child of only one of the spouses, the child shall qualify for family reunification only if he or she is in legal custody of the applicant.
This visa is not available for parents, siblings, cousins or other more distant relatives of Foreign Residents.